- ONC in Building Studies
- HNC in Building Studies
- CITB Site Manager Safety Training Scheme
- CSCS Platinum Cardholder
- First Aider
James has been employed by RG Spiller since May 2014 with 16 years previous experience within the construction industry. Upon leaving school James obtained an ONC in Building Studies and continued on to achieve an HNC in Building Studies both whilst also working as a Trainee Quantity Surveyor for a local firm.
James is a very capable and experienced Quantity Surveyor having worked successfully to complete projects to the value of £18m to required quality, programme and budget on a variety of projects including leisure, education, health, heritage and commercial forging long lasting professional relationships.
He has been involved in all types of construction from new builds to refurbishments, traditional builds to timber frame and has a sound knowledge in all commercial aspects required, but James especially enjoys value engineering which we consider one of his key strengths commercially.
- Seeking funding sources and submitting bids
- Preparing contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Performing risk analysis evaluations
- Cost control
- Writing reports
- Preparing and submitting final accounts
- Making valuations
- Arranging payments to suppliers and subcontractors
- Providing advice and forecasts about costs