Quantity Surveyor & Contracts Manager
- BTEC ONC in Construction
- BTEC HNC in Construction
- CITB Site Manager Safety Training Scheme
- Scaffold Appreciation Course
- FASET Safety Nets
- Asbestos Awareness Course
Ken has been employed by RG Spiller since May 1998 with 13 years previous experience within the construction industry. Once leaving school Ken obtained City & Guilds in Painting & Decorating.
Ken is a very capable and experienced Quantity Surveyor and Contracts Manager having worked successfully to complete substantial projects to required quality, programme and budget on a variety of projects including leisure, education, health, housing, heritage and commercial.
Where consideration is required covering ‘live’ or ‘heritage’ schemes Ken approaches every project with the required sensitivity combined with a commercial drive to push the works forward whilst respecting both the general public and/or historic buildings including combining a relationship with the client and client team.
- Great understanding of the construction process with the ability to recognise buildabilty and logistical problems
- Fully experienced in assembling site specific Health and Safety documents for CDMC purposes having a sound knowledge of risk assessments
- On Design and Build contracts fulfils the obligations of managing the design coordination demonstrating a seamless process from designer to on site construction
- Leading Design Team meetings to bring out value engineering innovations and challenging the team’s expertise to achieve the best solutions
- Extremely conscience of working to budget throughout the build process and will continually look for value engineering opportunities
- Articulate communicator at all levels of personnel and a great believer in collaborative working
- Commercially minded an excellent negotiator in agreeing values for work packages
- Has an eye for detail and is uncompromising in achieving the highest quality in the quest for zero defects
- Has a demanding “can be done” attitude to project programmes ensuring dates are met by monitoring the resource levels on all activities