- LLB (Hons)
- NVQ Level 5 in Construction Contracts Management
- HNC Building Studies
- CITB Site Manager Safety Training Scheme
- CSCS – Contracts Manager Accreditation
- FASET – Safety Net Inspection
- Scaffold Appreciation
Nick has been employed by RG Spiller Ltd since April 1997 as Surveyor, Contracts Manager and recently promoted to Construction Director. Nick is a resourceful, innovative construction professional with a strong commercial approach to problem solving.
Nick has a wide range of experience in all sectors of the industry including education, housing, commercial / industrial, healthcare, heritage and leisure including the coordination of Design and Build projects within these sectors.
Nick is responsible for overseeing and delivering the company’s major construction projects, including the financial management of these schemes.
- Leading Design Team meetings actively seeking value engineering innovations challenging the entire team’s expertise to achieve best solutions
- Great understanding of the construction process with the ability to recognise buildabilty and logistical problems
- Fully experienced in assembling site specific Health and Safety documents for CDMC purposes having a sound knowledge of risk assessments
- On Design and Build contracts fulfills the obligations of managing the design coordination demonstrating a seamless process from design to on site construction
- Extremely conscience of working to budget throughout the build process and will continually look for value engineering opportunities
- Articulate communicator at all levels of personnel and a great believer in collaborative working
- Commercially minded an excellent negotiator in agreeing values for work packages
- Has an eye for detail and is uncompromising in achieving the highest quality in the quest for zero defects